When I decided to talk about this subject, I knew many would then cringe, knowing it had been a while since the makeup brushes had been cleaned. It is okay, but then again it’s not the best idea. The brushes need to stay fresh to keep your skin, eyes healthy.
One of the things I learned being an esthetician is that ladies love makeup. It makes me listen to them closely, I get some good makeup tips from my beautiful clients. Myself, I have a small arsenal of makeup just to get by. I love my mascara and lipsticks, I can say that much for sure.
As clients come in for facials and waxing, we talk about these things. For those who have been having skin issues, this is something I like to address. This was published on a DoTerra blog a while back and I love this. Now if you do not want to use the coconut oil, you can use a witch hazel.
2 tablespoons doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil/or witch hazel
5 drops Melaleuca oil
5 drops Grapefruit oil
Add Fractionated Coconut Oil and essential oils into a small bowl.
Swirl your makeup brush in the Fractionated Coconut Oil for 30 seconds, or until you see the makeup stored in your brush start to come out.
Rub in a circular motion on the palm of hand to help get the makeup out.
Rinse the brush under warm water. Gently squeeze brush bristles until clean, and the water runs clear.
Note: Make sure to point the bristles down when running under water. Direct water contact may loosen the glue where the bristles are attach and shorten the life of your brushes.
Let your newly cleaned makeup brushes dry on a towel for four hours, or until dry. Repeat once a month, or as needed.
We are going to do this together! A 30 day shift in how we view life and tasks for success. Great for those who need a boost or to keep momentum going.
This is a Facebook event and over 200 people are participating. We hope you join us!!!
I decided to commit to 30 days of this…and thought perhaps others may want to join. This is a daily planner… here are some of the perks:
💎quote of the day
💎affirmations of the day
💎what will you do to feel good today
💎to do list
💎positive habit creator
💎victories for the day
💎what did you learn today
💎how did I love myself today
💎how did I love and give today
💎what am I grateful for
💎what did not happen for me today
💎improve your vibration
All you need to do is RSVP.
Get the book on Amazon.
Join the Tribe Page since we will do all of our daily workshops on here:
Amazon Freedom Mastery Law of Attraction Goal Planner & Organizer
Working from home is freedom from the commute, co-workers in the flesh, drama at the water cooler. Some days you get dressed, some days you wear sweatpants. The thing about working at home is having discipline. Especially, if your self employed and you do not have to check in with a boss.
I used to work from home in my early twenties as I had a thriving network marketing business. I got into the workforce about age twenty-two. A few things that happened to me while I ran an at home business, the worst was the weight gain. I had managed to gain a lot of weight during working from home. The next time I worked from home, was in my thirties. I knew better this round, I made myself some rules as well.
I am in the home office a few days a week, I am able to manage my time and do not spend longer than two hours at the desk per day. I also have been able to manage weight and stress of being home alone. Routine is essentially the best route to take, but I am not always routine. Lets talk about some of the simple ways I keep it together while I work from home.
Here are some things I keep in mind as I work at home:
- Me Time: After I drop off my kids at school I go home. I start a bath, here is where I spend 20 minutes of my day listening to personal development. I like to listen to audio books on business, self-improvement, relationship building and more. This is vital to my day going on track, and helps me start it off positive. This has been with me for 3 years now. It serves me well.
- Get Dressed: Makeup. Shoes. Pants. The whole enchilada. You need to be looking good to feel good. Helps your focus and attitude. Rock the red lipstick in that home office. Life is short. Get with it girlfriend!
- Move your Body: Make sure to get some sort of workout in. I love the short workouts, some days I do something off my pin board or do some yoga before my bath.
- Schedule. Stick to It: Scheduling your day helps a lot. I try to do this most days, and some days the best laid out plan goes haywire. So focus on doing the best you can and be flexible. Your methods may change, but end result should be the same. I even schedule pickup times for kids, lunch time, break if I have a longer day in the office. I try to not be in the office for more than 2 consecutive hours in a row.
- Work in an INSPIRED SPACE: I cannot even express how vital this is. I have recently been spoiled by the home office in the last 9 months. It has made a huge difference for me. I can leave things out, and no one will touch them. This I find is huge if you’re a mommy… no finding that document later hanging up, with a picture colored on the other side…I have been there. I feel much more productive having all my work stuff in ONE space, I feel like I get more work done. It has a vibe. I made it beautiful. Put positive saying on the wall, brought in my nicest diffuser, decorated my office with love.
- Mute Phone: If I have a something that I need done that day, I do not have time to waste by the distractions on my cell phone. I was working on a deadline for a book I am a co author in, I had to turn off the phone, shut off internet. No sideline distractions. Some of my favorite distractions are messenger, texting and shopping online. You just have to put it on hold to get any real work done!
- Drink LOTS of Water: It is easy to get dehydrated when your working hard at home. Put water on your desk, I use a lot of essential oils in my water so I drink it faster. I love to use grapefruit, lime, lemon oils in my water. I find that if I am on conference calls all day, I have a hard time with the water. Just remember, you are well, and all is well around you.
- Use Lists: make a to do list. Morning and Mid Day. I am very realistic about the list and sometimes, I am not. I recommend if your overwhelmed by lists you should start with three things. These three things can be simple or long tasked. Start small, set yourself up for success. If you make too long of a list, you will feel bad about yourself at the end of the day for not accomplishing the list. So…start with those three and add more tasks as needed. Seeing the list done at the end of the day is much more refreshing than feeling like you did not get anything done.
I am sure there are more guidelines to post regarding working at home. These are a few simple ones that have really worked and gone the long haul for me. I find on my balanced days… I love my work from home days. I still find myself at my day spa two days week seeing my loved clients. I just have figured out the perfect balance to running all my businesses. Much love.
Come join My Essential Mentor…Elaine McMillan…author…Spa & essential oil leader in this remarkable short training.
This free training is dedicated to the entrepreneurs who may need a boost in morale.
Mabye there has been some tough times in your business and your looking for some motivation to keep your fire burning bright.
These mindset resets work for every season in your business….including all the ups…downs and in-between. Reset your thinking daily with the nuggets given in this free workshop.
This short class will give you step by step instructions on how to get your mindset back into the game.
The class will be Tuesday August 22nd on our closed Facebook page. 5:30 pm pacific time zone. Will be recorded. Live broadcast will also be interactive. Come share with the tribe.
Here is the link: